Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Positively Positive...I Think

First off, I must tell you that I am by no means a writer, poet, expert, professional problem solver, know-it-all, or anything of the sorts.  I do however dabble in real life, just like the rest of you, and do my best to make the right decisions based on my own thinking.  This is my first blog of any sort and there is a strong possibility I will mess it up somewhere along the line.  Not because I'm not positive in my thoughts, but because I am positive I am not much of a technical writer and have never blogged.  I will jump off course and then come back to it.  I will type slowly because I only use 2 fingers; a "pecker" I believe it's called.  I will positively share my opinions...not positively meaning "all good", but positively meaning I'm positive I'm going to do it.  So with that being said, here we go:

Today marks my 52nd day of being unemployed...sort of.  I was laid off from my previous job because my position was being eliminated.  About 2 weeks after, I got a "job" that still has yet to pay me.  Not because they owe me, but because I haven't completed my training.  You may ask why it takes so long to complete training, and my answer is simple.  I should have thought it through before accepting the position.  In order for my training to be complete, I have to sell.  I am by no means afraid to sell.  I just have a problem with selling as it relates to ethics.  This company is not unethical, but usually doesn't supply the end customer with a product to fully fit their needs.  I'll compare it to buying a new car.  When these dealerships have car sales going on and advertise certain prices, you're not told that it's the base model, and if you want upgrades, they cost extra.  My company is virtually the same way, but with a different product.  It's the old sales tactic of "getting the customer in the door" technique.  That's not how I operate at all.  Honesty, integrity, and pure respect are what makes a good company great.

So here I sit, on the couch, blogging and looking for suitable work.  There are a lot of jobs out there, but nothing I can find for myself.  I have submitted over 30 resumes and have heard all the excuses in the world. "You're overqualified, you have the experience but not the college degree, we're looking for someone down the road", etc.  It seems like most companies are downsizing in almost every industry.  Heck, I couldn't even get a job at McDonald's!  Not because of being overqualified, but because they knew their pay didn't fit my pay scale.  They new if a better job came, I'd be gone in a second, and they can't run their business with that kind of turnover.  I can't say I'd hire me either.  So, I'll continue to look, and pray to the good Lord; not for a job, but for what He sees best for me and my family.  Ahhh...another positive.  Real, old fashioned faith.

In closing for today's entry, I want to say thank you for reading.  I'm not sure if anyone will ever read this as I don't know how to share it, but if I happen to figure that out, thanks!  My future entries will be more on base about me, my life, my opinions, and anything else I can think of.  Isn't that what a blog is for?  I'm pretty positive it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment